by Amy Burke
Mar 16, 2012
While perhaps not in the forefront of media coverage, the impending food crisis in the Sahel region of West Africa is at the top of LWR’s radar. We encourage you to actively brainstorm with us– How can we stop this crisis before it claims lives?
Here are this week’s stories, excavated from page 7A:
- Food Crisis in West Africa: Over 13 million people are at risk of hunger in West Africa. Drought, high food prices and conflict have raised malnutrition levels above emergency capabilities in many areas, check out a visual representation.
- PODCAST: The Real impact of Fair Trade: Narrating the history, benefits, and impacts of Fair Trade, as well as its ability to be sustainable and what its future looks like, this podcast helps us understand Fair Trade holistically.
- SLIDESHOW: March 13th A Day in Photos: Photos from around the world celebrating our triumphs and remembering our tragedies.
- Organically Grown In India: Organic agriculture is improving prospects for Indian farmers by providing more profit and better sustainability.
- Clean Water, a Human Right?: Last week we reported that we were on track with the Millennium Development Goals for Water, but are we really doing enough?
What else was in the news this week that we missed? Please leave comments below!