by Amy Burke
Feb 17, 2012
Here are this week’s stories, excavated from page 7A:
- Investing in India: Though India’s GDP is slowly rising, there is still a great need for attention, as India holds half of the malnourished and underweight children in the world.
- Fulfilling BREAD: Major benefits to the global society have come from BREAD by helping small farmers in developing countries increase their sustainable agricultural productivity.
- Happiness Index: Latin American countries may be the happiest in the world. Where do we factor in and why?
- Malnutrition: Is the root cause of the deaths of 2.6 million children each year.
- Somali Women: currently occupy only one ministry role in the entire country. They seek more leadership roles in Parliament and the government.
- Google Science Fair: One young girl works to bring power to remote villages in India.
What else was in the news this week that we missed? Please leave comments below!